I know. It’s not easy to accept, is it? After all, you want to believe that everyone and anyone not only CAN help you connect with qualified prospects, but they WILL do so. Happily and readily.
RINGGG!! RINGGG!! Wake- up call! That’s not the way it is.
The Right Person Makes Referrals More Likely!
When you take the time and make the effort to identify, approach and gain the commitment of the right kind of person, you will see a number of benefits:
1. You’ll generate more introductions and receive better referrals
2. You’ll grow your base of connections quickly and easily
3. You’ll meet quality people who don’t waste your time
4. You’ll enjoy a consistent flow of introductions and referrals
5. You’ll close business sooner rather than later
I could on (and, on) but I think you get the basic idea. Having the right kind of person to work with will help you generate more business, more quickly and far more easily than if you don’t. It’s that simple.
Want To Meet More People, By Referral?
One key to generating more referrals than you can handle (a problem you’d love to have, right!) is to work ONLY with people and partners who can help you make your goal of working primarily by referral . . . a reality.
This means you must seek introductions and referrals ONLY from someone who:
1. Respects you, professionally
2. Knows the kind of people you want to meet (i.e. fit your Preferral Profile)
3. Has potency with the people you want to meet from their network
4. Will introduce you to these people — if approached properly
In addition, the kind of person you want as a Connection or Preferral Partner must also:
5. Offer a complementary, non-competitive service to the same target market/s you are
6. Be able to receive introductions to people you know who fit their Preferral Profile
7. Be actively seeking to grow their practice . . . i.e. they’re not ‘gliding into retirement’
Of course, the absolutely-you-can’t-do-jack-without-it factor is :::drum roll::: TRUST.
Without trust, no one will introduce or refer you to their contacts because the RISK of losing their Relationship Capital is simply too great. So whatever else you do, establish trust, first.
Knowing who to avoid, makes it easier to identify people who can help you generate referrals
Like this post? Get our bi-weekly, one page Client Letter! It’s free. Learn more by clicking here.