If you’re reading this, “Thank You”. You’re helping me make a point about marketing communications — RELEVANCE is key.
Whether you wanted a way to make $30K or you just wanted to prove what ‘BS’ this must be . . . it worked!
In marketing communications, there are four points to consider and use if you want response-able communications:
- Focus on your READER’s interests, not you, your product or service (at least initially!)
- Focus on his or her PROBLEMS . . . the ‘Pains’, not you, your product or service (at least initially!)
- Suggest remedial SOLUTIONS and STRATEGIES . . . to help your reader get what she wants
- Invite ACTION . . . not necessarily a ‘purchase’, but an appropriate ‘Next Step’ they can take with you — e.g. ‘Download a complimentary Special Report . . . “
Marketing communications that are most effective are:
- tailored to address the interests of a specific market — a ‘target’ market of yours
- designed with a specific person clearly in mind (not quite the same as #1 above)
- delivered at ‘just the right time‘ (When’s that? You don’t know? So communicate CONSISTENTLY!)
- ending with a clear ‘Call To Action’ — that is a progressive step toward your ultimate objective — a valuable relationship