Quality content will definitely help you attract visitors to your website, blog or landing page. But it’s only a start. Even the best content alone won’t increase revenues for you.
More Keys To Inbound Marketing Success
Inbound marketing is deemed effective when it does the following for you:
• Attracts qualified visitors — aided largely by your remark-able content
• Encourages them to engage and interact with you
• Positions your company favorably against your competitors
• Cultivates a relationship with you over time, and (should we ever forget!)
• Generates revenues for you
Key 2: Encourage Engagement and Interaction
Did you ever have a teacher who would call on you — at random: “Chris, what do YOU think about what Jane just said?”. I have! And it sure kept me on my toes in her class. That’s what you want your visitors to do after following your content back to a post or landing page.
Some good ways to do this include:
• Comments — allow and invite feedback from your readers to your blog posts
• Polls & Surveys — invite voting on topics you can address — and post the results!
• Video — short, focused ‘treatments’ build your reputation as an expert in your field
• Audio — like video — remember: “short and sweet” . . . is hard to beat!
• Whitepapers — focused content rendered into a ‘Report’ or ‘E-Book’ — very popular
Whenever possible, make your content relevant and download-able. Why? Because it helps you learn who’s been attracted to you and would like to get to know you better! We call this ‘conversion’. It’s why you have ‘landing pages’ where visitors can voluntarily (that’s key!) exchange their information for yours.
Attracting visitors with relevant and valued content is a good start . . . providing further options to engage with you helps boost your conversion rate (visitors / registrants) and THAT . . . fills your database of people who are getting to know, like and trust you. From there, you can make offers, close sales and collect revenues . . . by design, not accident!