Apart from a possible narcissistic indulgence, you want to be found by people who are seeking the knowledge and expertise you have in great abundance. Afterall, if no one knows about you, how will they ever do business with you? It’s not likely, is it? That’s why you have (I hope!) a blog and write posts. That attracts qualified traffic (i.e. visitors) to your site from the Internet.
Your Credibility and Relevance
Being found by prospects for your business begins by Google seeing your site as a credible and relevant source of information you offer on the topic being searched.
One of the first keys to getting Google to show you to people who want to know what you know is to publish information that Google feels fits the search.
To do that, you must learn the keywords and phrases (AKA ‘long-tail’ keywords) people are using when they conduct an online search for the problem-solving information you have to offer. There are several online tools that can help you here (e.g. Keyword Tracker). A quick search on Google will reveal a number of resources on the topic. Alternatively, HubSpot clients have this functionality seamlessly built-in to their sites — automatically.
Keyword-rich content starts with HEADLINES that are keyword-rich.
Here are some examples of how one firm, HealthBridge — is creating relevant content to be presented favorably by Google. Note how each headline reflects key words and phrases that are highly relevant to people who may require and/or provide in-home care for seniors:
- Home Care Support – VA Aid & Attendance Pension
- 6 Ways Health Care Reform Will Impact Seniors
- $250 Senior Citizen Stimulus Checks are in the Mail!
- 10 Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Home Care Provider
- 5 Signs that You Don’t Have Alzheimer’s Disease
- How to Pick 8 Types of Dementia Out of a Crowd
- What Makes a Good Caregiver Great?
- Nintendo vs. Quilting in the Fight to Save Your Brain
- 3 Big Mistakes When Talking to Your Parents About Elder Care
Publishing Content Online — is a key to marketing effectively. Content that attracts quality visitors (traffic) must be credible and relevant to the people you seek to attract. That means learning and using keywords in the headline of every post you publish.