Yesterday, I shared what I truly feel is a quantum leap forward in how I, as a Duct Tape Marketing Consultant, can bring you the collective wisdom of Duct Tape Marketing’s founder and recognized leader in the field of small business marketing — John Jantsch.
Today, I’d like to touch on how John’s Ultimate Marketing System, described in his book (Duct Tape Marketing: The World’s Most Practical Small Business Marketing Guide) has been updated to reflect the way the world of business and marketing is evolving and how it’s making our program known as The Marketing Catalyst . . . a whole new ballgame . . . for you.
Old is New (Again!)
The original Duct Tape Marketing Catalyst program was based on John’s well-recognized ‘7 Steps’ to small business marketing success:
1. Narrow Your Marketing Focus
2. Find / Communicate Your Core Difference
3. Package Your Solution/s
4. Create Marketing Materials that Educate
5. Establish Your Lead-Generation Trio
6. Automate and Dominate
7. Live by the (Marketing) Calendar
Due to recent changes in how marketing is being done in 2011, the new seven steps are:
1. Strategy BEFORE Tactics
2. Embrace the Marketing Hourglass
3. Adopt the Publishing Model
4. Create a Total Web Presence
5. Orchestrate Your Lead-Generation Trio
6. Drive a Lead Conversion System
7. Live by a Marketing Calendar
As you can see, the basics are still there, but there are some significant changes as well.
In the coming days, I’ll take each one of these significant changes / improvements in the ‘old’ 7 steps approach and explain not only HOW but WHY we’ve made the changes we have.
The world is dynamic, fluid and constantly evolving — your marketing is no less so!