Yes! A number of our Preferral Prospecting® System clients have been asking for a clarification between a COI (Center-of-Influence) and a BOD (Board-of-Director). That’s a good question and a significant distinction. Let’s see if we can shed some light on this issue.
They BOTH must:
- know the kind of people you’d like to meet
- have potency and prestige with these people
- be willing to introduce you to these people
The basic difference reflects the degree to which:
- the other person wants to receive Preferrals™
- the other person wants to work with you to do this
A BOD wants to:
- grow their business,
- use Preferral Prospecting™ to achieve that end, and
- work with YOU to do this
COI’s may be willing to help you meet other people via Preferred Introductions but they either:
- don’t care to obtain Preferrals™, or
- you don’t know the kind of people they want to meet
Because a COI offers you a “one-way and limited” vs a BOD’s “reciprocal and repeatable” prospecting opportunity, you want to get as many BOD’s as you can — 20 – 25 are ideal!
And just a friendly reminder . . . GET 20 – 25 BOD’s . . . NOW!
Why? Because that many BOD’s means you can be having 2 Preferral™ Prospecting lunches each week. And, once you’re doing THAT, you’re pretty much guaranteed to generate 39+ Preferrals™ each month! Oooh, won’t that be nice! ‘-)