4 Groups of People
Your Success Depends Upon
Executive Speed Read
You often hear about building relationships with people who ‘know, like and trust’ you. But who are these people?
This post defines 4 key groups of people who can help you build your relationships, referrals and revenues.
If you’re a coach, consultant or professional advisor you probably love hearing your phone ring and a friendly, familiar voice on the other end say, “Hey, I’ve got a problem . . . and thought you might be able to help . . .”
That happens because you’ve developed a ‘trusted’ advisor relationship with someone who, when a need arose, associated who you are and what you do with what they need or want. That’s quite a compliment. But it’s rarely an accident.
Building your network of people who can bring a need or an opportunity to your attention that your background, skills, talents and abilities can address is likely to involve four (4) groups of people:
- Prospects . . . people who may, one day, become clients
- Clients . . . people who are likely to need your services, repeatedly, in the future
- Advocates . . . people who can promote you and influence others to work with you
- Alliances . . . people who serve a similar clientele and are collaborators, not competitors
Focusing your marketing efforts on building and deepening your relationships with individuals in each of these 4 groups will do 2 things:
- it builds your ‘know, like and trust’ factor with each group, as well as
- it increases the propensity to introduce you to people who can benefit from your problem-solving expertise and services
Focus on building know, like and trust relationships with people in these 4 important groups of people and you’ll experience a positive impact on your business or practice.
ACTION YOU CAN TAKE:
Receive my one page, bi-weekly Client Letter . . . below.
Twice a month you’ll receive a copy of this publication that focuses on ONE idea and takes up only ONE page and provides a practical Action Plan to apply the insight to grow your relationships, referrals and revenues